If you are trying to control your C by GE switch from the C by GE app and the switch is not responding, here are some common solutions:
- Confirm the switch is wired correctly and has power
- Make sure Bluetooth on your phone is turned on
- Force close the C by GE app and reopen
- Power cycle the switch
- If you installed our 3-Wire switch, you may need to install the Bulb Adapter that came in the box. Click here for more information.
- If the bulb adapter does not fit the light bulbs on the circuit, call C by GE Customer Support to request a C by GE Fixture Adapter: 1-844-30C-BYGE (1-844-302-2943)
- Verify you’ve selected the correct load/bulb type when you paired the switch with the C by GE app. You can check or update this information by opening the C by GE app, selecting the App Room your switch is in, and selecting the switch you want to check. On the Switch Details page, select Bulb Type.
- If you have Traditional GE light bulbs (non-smart) on the circuit, they will not fall under the “C by GE Bulb Type” category. C by GE is only for C by GE smart light bulbs.
- If you selected “C by GE Bulb Type” because you have C by GE smart lights in the circuit, there will not be any control buttons in the app for this Switch because you can control your C by GE bulbs directly from the app.