If you want to set up your C by GE lights directly to the Google Home app (not using the C by GE app) follow these Google Seamless Set Up instructions.
If you want to set up your C by GE lights with the C by GE app, follow these instructions:
- Plug in your light strips or install your C by GE light bulbs in the sockets that will be powering them. Make sure they are within 40 feet of each other*.
- Turn on all the lights you are adding to the app. Light strips will automatically turn on when plugged in.
- Open the C by GE app
- Tap the plus (+) icon in the top right corner
- Select “Add New Devices”
- Select the type of Light you are adding: Bluetooth or Direct Connect
- If you select Bluetooth, any lights that connect to the app will blink 3 times.
- If you select Direct Connect, any lights discovered will display in the app. Select a light and it will physically blink 6 times so you can identify which one you’re pairing to the app.
- Continue with the C by GE app = this means you will control your lights with the C by GE app. If you want to enable Google, you can do this with the Works With Google set up.
- Open Google Home app = this means you will set up and control your lights with the Google Home app (C by GE app not needed). If you choose this path, you will follow the Google Seamless Set Up.