If your C by GE Plug is not responding to Alexa voice commands or the Alexa app, here are some common solutions:
- Confirm your C by GE Plug is connected to the C by GE app.
- Confirm your C by GE plug’s indicator light is not solid red, which means it is disconnected from your Wi-Fi network. If it’s disconnected from Wi-Fi, follow these troubleshooting steps.
- Ensure you haven’t changed your Wi-Fi network credentials and that the plug is within range of your Wi-Fi router.
- Confirm you’ve enabled the C by GE skill in the Alexa app. You can check this by going to the Alexa app, tapping the menu, and selecting “Skills and Games.” Then select “Your Skills.” If C by GE is not listed, enable the skill.
- If your C by GE Plug is not displaying in the Alexa app, disable the C by GE skill, then enable it again.
- Give a voice prompt to Alexa by saying, “Alexa, discover my devices.”
- Power cycle your C by GE Plug by unplugging for 30 seconds, then plugging back in