If you have a C-Reach in your app Location, you can have up to 32 C by GE lights set up in that location. C-Reach is compatible with all C by GE light bulbs (A19 and BR30) and light strips.
If you have a Sol in your app location, you can have up to 50 C by GE Soft White and Tunable White light bulbs in that location. Sol is compatible with Soft White and Tunable White (A19 and BR30) light bulbs.
If you do not have a C-Reach or Sol in your app location (considered a BLE location), you can have up to 50 C by GE lights, plugs, switches and wire-free devices in that location.
Open the C by GE app, go to Settings, then Support. Look for “Version: ###”
No, you can only log into your account on one device at a time. However, you can share your location with another user, which enables that user to control your location and be logged in concurrently.
Before you can share a location with another email address, the person you are sharing with will need to download the C by GE app and create an account first.
Then, open your C by GE app and follow these instructions, here.
As many as you’d like! Before you can share a location with another email address, the person you are sharing with will need to download the C by GE app and create an account first.
C by GE is not optimized for use on tablet devices at this time, although some iPad and Android tablet models still support using the app.
No, this functionality is not available.
No, not at this time. The app works only with C by GE bulbs and products.
No, currently the C by GE app is only compatible with C by GE devices. However, you can link your C by GE account to Google or Alexa for voice control, which enables you to control C by GE devices alongside products from other smart home brands.
Open the C by GE app. Tap the Device, or the Room the Device is in on the home screen. If you tapped a Room, now you tap the Device you want to check. Look for Firmware “VXX”
If your device has a new firmware version available, when you open the C by GE app you will be prompted to update your device’s firmware. You can also manually check if you have a firmware update by going to the Settings page in the C by GE app and selecting Firmware Update in the menu.
Locations should reflect the physical location of your smart home. Most users keep this simple and call their primary location Home. But, you may have more than one location with smart devices. For example, if you have C by GE devices set up at your home and your office at work, you should create two separate locations in the app for Home and Office.
Rooms are created and saved within your locations. For example, if one of your locations is called Home, and you have devices in the living room and master bedroom, we recommend naming your app rooms Living Room and Master Bedroom. You can then add devices to their respective rooms in the app.
For Pro Tips on how to optimize your smart home, click here.
Automate your C by GE lights and devices to fit your schedule. You can do this by automating a Room or a Scene in the C by GE app.
IMPORTANT: You must create one automation to turn the lights ON and another to turn the lights OFF. This ensures there are no conflicting and overlapping schedules.
For instructions on how to automate your C by GE devices, click here.
You can also set up automations using the Alexa or Google Home apps if you have linked your C by GE account for voice control.
C by GE wired switches, wired dimmers, wire-free dimmers, remotes, and motion sensors are all able to control multiple products together at the same time. By simply placing them into the same room within the C by GE app, you link them together and unlock all kinds of smart possibilities! For example:
- I want my C by GE wired smart switch to turn on my traditional recessed lights and my table lamps whenever I physically press the switch.
- Create a room in the app, such as Living Room
- Add the C by GE wired switch to the room
- Install C by GE smart lights in the table lamps, or plug the lamps into a C by GE smart plug
- Add the lights and/or plugs into the same room as the switch in the C by GE app
- Every time you use the physical on/off button of the switch, it will control both the physical circuit with your recessed lights as well as your C by GE smart lights and/or smart plugs in the same room within the C by GE app!
- I want my C by GE wire-free motion sensor to turn on the light fixture and table lamp in my hallway whenever motion is detected
- Create a room in the app, such as Upstairs Hallway
- Install a C by GE wired switch to control the light fixture’s circuit, and install C by GE smart lights in the table lamp or plug it into a C by GE smart plug
- Add the lights (and/or plugs) and motion sensor to the same room that you created in the app
- Every time motion is detected by the wire-free motion sensor, it will turn on the devices in the same room within the C by GE app!
There are some potential issues that can lead to devices showing the “Unable to Connect” status in the app. Both the Android and iOS apps have refresh buttons on the home screens that enable you to reconnect with all of your devices, but if that doesn’t help, check the following possible causes:
- The C by GE devices are powered off.
- Ensure that any smart lights that are controlled by a switch or lamp are powered on at the source. Otherwise, they will not be able to connect to the app because they have no power.
- For smart plugs that are placed in an outlet that is controlled by a wall switch, ensure that the wall switch is turned on and power is being provided to the outlet used by the smart plug.
- Your phone is out of range or you have a weak Wi-Fi or cellular data signal.
- For Bluetooth devices like C by GE smart lights, your phone must be within range of the device to control them. We recommend being within 40 feet of your nearest smart light for a strong connection. This depends heavily on several factors like how many walls or floors are between the phone and the device, the type of fixture the light is plugged into, or the building materials used in the home.
- If your C by GE device has a solid red light, this means that it has lost its connection to your Wi-Fi router. Try power cycling the C by GE device (for wired switches, you can find instructions to power cycle them here). If your Wi-Fi password has changed, you can change it in the C by GE app by going to the device’s details page and selecting the menu option in the upper right corner.
- The phone’s Bluetooth radio is turned off.
- Ensure that your phone’s Bluetooth radio is always turned on when using the C by GE app inside your home so that it can communicate with C by GE devices.
Some of our devices may experience errors during the setup process for a variety of reasons. During setup, please ensure that:
- The device is powered on
- For Wi-Fi products, your router must be within range of the device you are setting up
- During the entire setup process, you should hold your phone as close as possible to the device to avoid any connection issues
- If your device cannot be found during the beginning of the setup process, follow the in-app instructions to reset it and ensure that it’s discoverable