If your C by GE Bluetooth or Direct Connect Lights are not responding to Alexa voice commands or the Alexa app, here are some common solutions:
- Confirm your C by GE lights are connected to the C by GE app.
- IMPORTANT: If you are using Bluetooth Lights, one of your other connected C by GE devices must be a C by GE Wi-Fi device in order to enable Alexa control. Our Wi-Fi devices include the Smart Plug, Direct Connect Lights, Smart Switch or C-Reach.
- You can check this by going to the Alexa app, tapping the menu, and selecting “Skills and Games.” Then select “Your Skills.” If C by GE is not listed, enable the skill.
- Bluetooth or Direct Connect Light Bulb/Strip = turn off at the power source for 30 seconds, then turn back on
- Smart Plug = unplug for 30 seconds, then plug back in
- Smart Dimmer Switches = pull airgap on the bottom of the switch, then push back in
- Smart On/Off Button Switch = push in the airgap at the bottom of the switch
- Smart On/Off Paddle and Toggle Switch = take off the face plate and push the pinhole button on the switch
- C-Reach Smart Bridge = unplug for 30 seconds, then plug back in