If you are unable to update the firmware for your plug, here are some common solutions:
- Confirm your Wi-Fi Router is powered on and connected to the internet. You can check this by going to Settings on your mobile phone and looking for your Wi-Fi network.
- Connect to your Wi-Fi network and perform a test search on the internet to confirm it works.
- If your router is powered on, but not connected to the internet, contact your Internet Service Provider.
- Confirm your plug is still plugged into an outlet
- Make sure Bluetooth on your phone is on
- Stand within 25ft of the plug
- Power cycle the plug by unplugging it for 30 seconds, then plugging it back in
- Force close the C by GE app, then reopen the app
- Logout of the C by GE app, then log back in