First, connect your C-Reach to the C by GE app. Then, add your C by GE lights to the C-Reach location.
NOTE: If you are setting up Alexa with your C by GE smart switch or plug, you do not need a C-Reach. Our smart switches and plug are Wi-Fi devices that do not require a hub to enable your voice assistant.
If this is your first time setting up C by GE devices with Alexa:
- If you haven't already, set up your devices in the C by GE app
- Open the Alexa app
- Tap the menu icon in the top left corner
- Select “Skills & Games”
- Tap the search icon and type in “C by GE”
- Select the C by GE skill and tap “Enable to use”
- Enter your C by GE account login information
- Next, you will be prompted to Discover Devices. Tap “Discover Devices” button
- Alexa will discover your C by GE devices, and now you can start controlling them! You can use the Alexa app to add them to rooms, create routines, and more.
If you have previously set up C by GE devices with Alexa and want to add more:
- If you haven’t already, set up your device in the C by GE app.
- Check your devices page in the Alexa app. If you see your device listed, you’re done! Most of the time, Alexa automatically discovers your new C by GE devices within 30 seconds of completing setup.
- If you do not see your new device listed, simply say, “Alexa, discover devices.”