If there are C by GE devices, like other switches, plugs or lights, that you want to control with your C by GE wired switch, but those C by GE devices are not responding to the switch, here are some common solutions:
- Make sure the devices you want to control with the switch are grouped in the Room in the C by GE app
- Confirm all the C by GE devices are powered on
- Verify you’ve selected the correct load/bulb type when you paired the switch with the C by GE app. You can check or update this information by opening the C by GE app, selecting the App Room your switch is in, and selecting the switch you want to check. On the Switch Details page, select Bulb Type.
- If you have Traditional GE light bulbs (non-smart) on the circuit, they will not fall under the “C by GE Bulb Type” category. C by GE is only for C by GE smart light bulbs.
- If you selected “C by GE Bulb Type” because you have C by GE smart lights in the circuit, there will not be any control buttons in the app for this Switch because you can control your C by GE bulbs directly from the app.